Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems remove undesirable materials from water by using pressure to force the water molecules through a semipermeable membrane. This process is called “reverse” osmosis because the pressure forces the water to flow in the reverse direction (from the concentrated solution to the dilute solution) to the flow direction (from the dilute to the concentrated) in the process of natural osmosis. Visit ‘How Does Reverse Osmosis Work‘ guide to learn more and see the steps in a reverse osmosis system.
Reverse osmosis water filtration systems can remove 90% of total dissolved solids (TDS) from water and can provide the purest water available for your home. Reverse osmosis water filters remove a wide range of contaminants and minerals from your drinking water, including sand, chlorine, fluoride, cryptosporidium, and hexavalent chromium.
What is Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a membrane-technology filtration method that removes many types of large molecules and ions from solutions by applying pressure to the solution when it is on one side of a selective membrane. The result is that the solute is retained on the pressurized side of the membrane and the pure solvent is allowed to pass to the other side.
Reverse osmosis is most commonly known for its use in drinking water purification from seawater, removing the salt and other substances from the water molecules.
Stages in Reverse Osmosis
1. Sediment Pre-Filter
Melt Blown Polypropylene removes dirt, rust and sediment particles down to 5 microns. There are several different types of sediment cartridges.
2. Carbon Pre-Filter
Coconut Shell Carbon Block Cartridge(s), 10 Micron removes chlorine, taste, odor and chemical contaminants.
3. Reverse Osmosis Membrane
Thin Film Composite (TFC) rejects (removes) 95% of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) down to .0001 Microns.
4. Post Carbon Filter
Coconut Shell Activated Carbon is the final polishing filter after storage tank, just before you use the water.
4 Stage Filtration | Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
| 4 STAGE FILTRATION
- Stage 1 – Made in USA – Sediment / Pre – Filter
- Mechanical filtration removes fine sediment particles
- Stage 2 – Made in USA – Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Filter
- Removes chlorine, pesticides, heavy metals and other organic pollutants.
- Stage 3 – Made in USA – Ultrafine TFC RO Memebrane (100 Litres Per Day)
- Screens to 0.0005 micron, filtering viruses, bacteria and parasites. Repels heavy metals and removes Fluoride and Hydrocarbons.
- Stage 4 – Made in USA – Carbon Polishing Post Filter
- Coconut Carbon Post-Filter Made in USA Final polishing filter results in superb tasting, pure water.
5 Stage Filtration | Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
| 5 STAGE FILTRATION
- Stage 1 – Sediment / Pre– Filter 1 Micron
- For Particle Removal – Dust, Rust, Sludge
- Stage 2 – Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Filter
- For Chlorine Removal & Membrane Protection
- Stage 3 – Ultrafine TFC RO Membrane (100 Litres Per Day)
- Microparticles Removed, 0.005 Microns
- Stage 4 – Prolonged Contact Time (PCT) Filter
- Fine Grain Dedusted Washed
- Stage 5 – Carbon Polishing Post Filter
- Final Polish Superb Tasting Water
Reverse Omosis | Membranes
20 x John Guest | Locking Clips 1/4″$25.00
350 kPa PLV PLASTIC 3/8″ Dual check Valve$38.00
APEX Filtamate | FMP 350 kPa Pressure Limiting Valve (PLV) Plastic
APEX Valves | Pressure Limiting Valve 350 kPa PLV Brass FiltaMate
APEX Valves | Pressure Limiting Valve 600 kPa PLV Brass FiltaMate
APEX Valves | Pressure Limiting Valve 600 kPa PLV PLASTIC FiltaMate
FMP 350 KPA Pressure Limiting Valve (PLV) Plastic$38.00
FMP 550 KPA Pressure Limiting Valve (PLV) Plastic$38.00
John Guest | JG Black Tube 1/4″ | 1 Metre$25.00
John Guest | JG Blue Tube 1/4″ | 1 Metre$25.00
John Guest | JG LLDPE Red Tube 1/4″ | 1 Metre$25.00
RO | Tank RO-122 1/4 12 LT | Reverse Osmosis Water Storage Pressure Tank$105.00
Stainless Steel Filter Faucets | Classic Stainless Steel High Loop
Stainless Steel Filter Faucets | Classic Stainless Steel Long Reach
Stainless Steel Filter Faucets | Stainless Steel Wheel Faucet