The 10″ x 2.5″ Genuine Doulton W9220406 Sterasyl Ceramic Water Filter with 0.9 micron pore size is highly effective at reducing bacteria, cysts, unwanted bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor from potable drinking water, as well as other contaminants. Capable of filtering 2,600 gallons, the Doulton W9220406 can be scrubbed and re-used. Also, this Doulton Sterasyl is NSF Certified and has Silver impregnated, making the ceramic filter bacteriostatic; therefore, inhibits the growth of bacteria within the filter.
Doulton Ceramic Water Filter Sterasyl W9220406 10″ x 2.5″
- Doulton Ceramic Water Filter Candle | Sterasyl 10″ x 2.5″ – 0.9 Micron aboslute
- The Doulton W9220406 cartridge fits in standard 10-Inch filter housings
- The Doulton W9220406 Hollow Core Filter features a Sterasyl ceramic outer shell with no core
- Capacity: 12 months – 10,000 litres
- Flow Rate: 5LPM
- Filter Performance.pdf
Rethinking chlorinated tap water
- Chlorinated water destroys much of the intestinal flora, the friendly bacteria that help in the digestion of food and which protect the body from harmful pathogens. These bacteria are also responsible for the manufacture of several important vitamins like vitamin B12 and vitamin K. It is not uncommon for chronic digestive disorders as well as chronic skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema to clear up or be significantly improved by switching to unchlorinated drinking water and supplementing the diet with lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus.
- Chlorinated water contains chemical compounds called trihalomethanes which are carcinogens resulting from the combination of chlorine with organic compounds in water. These chemicals, also known as organochlorides, do not degrade very well and are generally stored in the fatty tissues of the body (breast, other fatty areas, mothers’ milk, blood and semen). Organochlorides
can cause mutations by altering DNA, suppress immune system function and interfere with the natural controls of cell growth.
- Chlorine has been documented to aggravate asthma, especially in those children who make frequent use of chlorinated swimming pools. Several studies also link chlorine and chlorinated by-products to a greater incidence of bladder, breast and bowel cancer as well as malignant melanoma. One study even links the use of chlorinated tap water to congenital cardiac anomalies.
- Chlorinated water can destroy polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E in the body while generating toxins capable of free radical damage (oxidation). This might explain why supplementation of the diet with essential fatty acids like flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil and antioxidants like vitamin E, selenium and others helps so many cases of eczema and dry skin.
Source: Metabolic Solutions Institute – Rethinking chlorinated tap water – Article by Dr. Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc
TYPICAL CHEMICALS FOUND IN SYDNEY TAP WATER (Sydney Tap Water Analysis Report)
Fluoride Aluminium Arsenic Barium Calcium Cadmnium Cobalt Chronium Copper Chlorine Iron Potassium Magnesium Manganese Molybdenum Sodium Nickel Lead Selenium Zinc
Source: SYDNEY Quarterly Drinking Water Quality Report | Potts Hill Delivery System 1 April 2019 to 30 June 2019 (See page 8.)
Doulton Ceramic Water Filters (Sterasyl, Super Sterasyl, and Ultracarb Technologies)
Doulton ceramic gravity fed water filters offer a versatile solution because they don’t need to be connected to mains tap water and don’t require electricity; they can be used virtually anywhere. Simply add water manually at the top of the system to start the process. Using gravity to filter the water from the top of the system right down to the bottom, our ceramic gravity water purifiers remove 99.99% plus of common contaminants most often found in water.
As the water is drawn down within the system by gravity, it passes through filter ‘candles’ on its way down to the bottom section of the device, where it is now ready for drinking. Doulton ceramic gravity fed filter candles are designed for long life and by signing up to our recurring order scheme, you get a reminder email each time you’re due to replace your filter candles, so you need never forget again.
Whether you want to use a ceramic gravity water filter system at home, at the office, whilst camping or on any other trip away – you’ll find the Doulton® systems easy to use, simple to maintain and highly effective at filtering water from virtually any source. Enjoy cleaner, tastier water every day with Doulton®. Shop for your replacement candles today!
Counter-Top Water Filter Replacement Candles
A ceramic counter-top water filter system by Doulton could be ideal for your family to ensure you always have access to clean and filtered water at home. Our counter-top systems come with ceramic drinking water filter taps built-in; so, when attached to your mains water, you can access filtered drinking water in an instant by using the tap on the system, just as easily as using your own kitchen tap.
For those wanting to experience the full natural goodness of water every day at home, a Doulton ceramic under-counter water filter could be the ideal solution. A convenient way to enjoy delicious filtered drinking water straight from a dedicated tap in your kitchen, our ceramic under-counter filters are designed to be fitted out of sight so that they won’t have any impact on the aesthetic of your kitchen. With easy access to tasty filtered water for all the family, our products can help everyone in the home to stay hydrated more easily.
Doulton Sterasyl Features & Benefits
Doulton ceramic filters are manufactured to provide only the best tasting, highest quality water. With a microporous ceramic shell and a silver impregnated core,this filter removes contaminants like bacteria, cysts and sediment, leaving your water clean and refreshing.
- Cartridge is open on both ends (OBE) and fits in standard 10″ filter housings.
- Ceramic filter can be gently scrubbed clean with a brush for an extended life.
- OEM product.
- Made in UK
- Part Number: W92230406
- Max Pressure 125 psi – Min Pressure 10 psi
- Temperature Range: 5 – 30 (°C)
- The filtration technology used in the Doulton Ceramic Water Filter is Sterasyl®: Silver impregnated ceramic microfilter
Doulton Sterasyl Maintenance
How often should I replace the Doulton Ceramic Water Filter Sterasyl?
- Capacity: 12 months – 10,000 litres
By simply replacing your filter on a regular basis, you can avoid drinking unwanted chemicals, particles and bacteria, which can cause or lead to serious health problems.
The water filter itself can last pretty long. But the cartridges have a lifespan of six to twelve months depending on your usage and size of the filter.
Water filter manufacturers recommend that you change your water filter every six months. This is because usually by the six month mark the water filter begins to wear out and may not filter as well as it should be.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.