The Genuine 10″ x 2.5″ Doulton W9223006 Ultracarb 10″ Imperial Ceramic Water Filter Candle with 0.9 micron pore size is highly effective at reducing Lead, Free Chlorine, Trihalomethanes, Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons, Phenols, Herbicides, Insecticides, Cyst, Bacteria, Rust, Sediments, unwanted bad taste & odor and chlorine taste & odor from potable drinking water, as well as other contaminants. Also, not only the Doulton Ultracarb Ceramic Water Filter is capable of filtering 600 gallons, but also the ceramic filter can be scrubbed and re-used.
Doulton W9223006 Ultracarb 10″ Ceramic Water Filter Candle
- Doulton W9223006 Ultracarb 10″ Ceramic Water Filter Imperial OBE (Open Both Ends) 10″ x 2.5″
- Ultracarb® Technology: Sterasyl® microfilter plus carbon block core and lead removal media
- 0.9 micron absolute
- 0.5 to 0.8 micron nominal
- Capacity: 6 months
- Max Pressure 125 psi – Min Pressure 10 psi
- Temperature Range: 5 – 30 (°C)
- Part Number: W9223006
- Made in UK
- For removal of Lead, Free Chlorine, Trihalomethanes, Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons, Phenols, Herbicides, Insecticides, Cyst, Bacteria, Chlorine, Rust, Sediments.
- NSF Certified
Rethinking chlorinated tap water
- Chlorinated water destroys much of the intestinal flora, the friendly bacteria that help in the digestion of food and which protect the body from harmful pathogens. These bacteria are also responsible for the manufacture of several important vitamins like vitamin B12 and vitamin K. It is not uncommon for chronic digestive disorders as well as chronic skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema to clear up or be significantly improved by switching to unchlorinated drinking water and supplementing the diet with lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus.
- Chlorinated water contains chemical compounds called trihalomethanes which are carcinogens resulting from the combination of chlorine with organic compounds in water. These chemicals, also known as organochlorides, do not degrade very well and are generally stored in the fatty tissues of the body (breast, other fatty areas, mothers’ milk, blood and semen). Organochlorides
can cause mutations by altering DNA, suppress immune system function and interfere with the natural controls of cell growth.
- Chlorine has been documented to aggravate asthma, especially in those children who make frequent use of chlorinated swimming pools. Several studies also link chlorine and chlorinated by-products to a greater incidence of bladder, breast and bowel cancer as well as malignant melanoma. One study even links the use of chlorinated tap water to congenital cardiac anomalies.
- Chlorinated water can destroy polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E in the body while generating toxins capable of free radical damage (oxidation). This might explain why supplementation of the diet with essential fatty acids like flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil and antioxidants like vitamin E, selenium and others helps so many cases of eczema and dry skin.
TYPICAL CHEMICALS FOUND IN SYDNEY TAP WATER (Sydney Tap Water Analysis Report)