The CARELUX P2Y Filter is a sediment filter with 5 micron and measures 10″ in height and 4.5″ in diameter. This filter goes in the first stage or INLET of most filtration systems. This is because it will capture particles greater than 5 micron, meaning that it will filter dirt, sand, rust, silt, and clay. Therefore, it will protect chemical filters or carbon filters from premature blockages. Without a sediment filter in the first stage, the chemical filters will be covered in dirt and will stop adsorbing chlorine.
One of the big advantages of the CARELUX P2Y Filter is that the cross section goes from 20 microns, to 10 microns and then the core has 5 micron. In this way, the dirt is captured gradually throughout the three layers of the filter and not only on the outside like the other filters in the market.
- Model: CARELUX P2Y Filter
- MPN: P2Y
- Applications: Town water or Tap water
- Compatible with: Suit 10″ x 4.5″ Housing Sumps (Blue, Grey, White Casings)
- Filtration Media: Three Layers of Polypropylene
- Size: 10″ x 4.5″
- Contaminant Removal: Dirt, Sand, Rust, Silt, and Clay
- Micron Rating: 5 Microns
- Certified by NSF 42 and FDA CFR Title 21
- See other 10″ x 4.5″ Sediment Filters