The CARELUX L3Y Filter is a pleated sediment filter with 5 microns that measures 20″ in height and 4.5″ in diameter. This filter goes in the first stage or INLET of most filtration systems. This is because it will capture dirt, sand, rust, silt, clay and other sediments found in water. Therefore, it will protect chemical filters or carbon filters from premature blockages. Without a sediment filter in the first stage, the chemical filters will be covered in dirt and will stop adsorbing chlorine.
The CARELUX L3Y Filter is very popular for tank water or when you have a lot of debris like leaves, dirt or similar – particularly after fresh rain.
One of the big advantages of the CARELUX L3Y Filter is that is pleated, this means that it offers a greater flow rate and a large filtration surface area. All dirt in this filter is trapped on the outside. In this way, particles greater than 5 microns are captured on the surface, which makes this filter washable.
- Model: CARELUX L3Y Filter
- MPN: L3Y
- Applications: Rainwater or ground water.
- Compatible with: Suit 20″ x 4.5″ Housing Sumps (Blue, Grey, White Casings)
- Filtration Media: 100% Pleated Polyester Washable Material
- Size: 20″ x 4.5″
- Contaminant Removal: Dirt, Sand, Rust, Silt, and Clay
- Micron Rating: 5 micron.
- Certified by NSF 42 and FDA CFR Title 21
- See other 20″ x 4.5″ Sediment Filters